India is a hugely important global marketplace with an exciting future. Post-Brexit, it will be even more vital for UK businesses and specifically the Northern Powerhouse to establish valuable relationships with India.
India is the sixth biggest economy in the world and is predicted to grow at an average of 5.9% until 2050. Over the next five years, India will be the world’s most populous country, with approximately half of that population under the age of 25. In less than ten years, India is expected to become the third largest consumer, worth some £3.14 trillion
India is a key market when it comes to trade and will become even more important once the United Kingdom leaves the European Union Trade as it currently stands trade is around £5bn per year around two thirds of that is Indian exports to the United Kingdom and around one third of that is UK exports to India.
The Federation of Asian Business (members are YABA, AB Connexions and NWABA) will be a key element in Britain’s attempts to establish a ‘living bridge’ partnership, this is a term which Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi used to refer to the movement of people, ideas, goods and services from India to the UK and back. The diaspora’s ability to speak the language can also help businesses, that are not necessarily South Asian, take advantage of opportunities in the subcontinent.
We work with the world’s leading corporates, growing small and medium businesses, education institutions, charities, membership organisations, trade bodies and government agencies.
Our core objective is to help these organisations successfully explore, enter and expand into dynamic, high-growth markets in India.
We will support you from the initial stages of exploring a market, to managing your market entry, compliance, administration and in-country expansion.
We work with you and offer solutions that are practical, focused with commercial impact, our success is measured by your success, we will go above and beyond to ensure that objectives are aligned, opportunities are maximized so that commercial success is achieved
Working with you on your business expansion into India we will conduct:
Market Evaluation and opportunities for your product/service
- Multi-market comparative analysis
- Opportunity identification and development
- Sourcing and supplier selection
- Competitor analysis
- Territory analysis
- Pricing and product research
- Regulatory and compliance advice
- Customs, import duties and tax analysis
Identifying the right partner and sales distribution channel
- identify, develop and manage these local relationships to ensure they continue to add value and operate effectively.
- Identifying and developing new partners/customers/distributors
- Identifying new suppliers
- Maintaining and progressing local relationships with distributors, customers and suppliers
We have supported UK’s leading educational institutions develop and succeed in high-growth education markets. We have a clear understanding of local opportunities, challenges and trends in India
Our services include:
Designing and implementing strategies which will increase your student recruitment numbers
Improving the quality of your applicants via our rigorous student due diligence process
Identifying, developing and managing institutional, corporate or public sector partnerships
Establishing and helping operate a local in-country presence
Developing and improving your in-market brand profile and reputation
Organizing effective in-country programs for visiting delegations
Developing local alumni chapters and fund raising campaigns
We use our experience, expertise and local insights to identify, design and implement successful strategies for the Indian market
Localization – we will review your institution’s value proposition for local student recruitment and will ensure appropriate partner organizations (private and public sector) are going to be a strong match to suit your needs.
Developing the right, local operating model –we provide a range of innovative, risk free and easy to adopt for establishing a local presence
Delivering performance improvement –we help drive your in-country marketing initiatives, student recruitment campaigns, application processing, partnership development and agent management and enrolment, to significantly enhance your performance in India
Trade Mission support
YABA led Trade Missions
Are you a business who?
- Is currently exporting but looking at new markets and new opportunities?
- Would like to increase their foot print and accelerate business growth in India?
- Is new to exporting, business is growing, and their product/service lends itself to the Indian market?
YABA will work will work with you in advance of the mission to provide detailed market intelligence for business opportunities in India and set up bespoke opportunities for your specific business need.
The mission lasts for a total of seven days and you can attend for the full duration or for a small part – whatever works best for you.
The Opportunity for Delegates
The trade mission to India will create business and trade opportunities to connect with key contacts within the Indian Government, business commerce and education sector.
The plan to achieve this would be a programme of engagement through the delivering activities, initiatives, products and services focused on trade, talent and training.
The trade mission would encourage the delegates from the organisations who have the export growth potential the opportunity to visit and learn first-hand about India as a key business opportunity
Delegates will have for them a carefully planned schedule of meetings, including briefings with organisations in the UK such as DTI and sector specific trade bodies leading on to scheduled meeting in India which will be specific to their individual requirements.
Trade Mission Plan
Pre-Trade mission briefing session for every delegate:
- Electronic preparatory pack about India (jabs need etc.), covering culture doing business in India etc.
- Pre-Trade Mission Doing Business India
o Agenda to include:
- Preparation for Doing Business in India, culture, language and tradition
- Overview of key sectors and opportunities
The Trade Mission will last seven days, and the agenda will include meetings with:
- Key Indian Government officials and agencies
- Business Groups such as: Confederation of Indian Industry/ Federation of Indian Chamber of Commerce and Industry etc.
- Trade bodies, Women’s Groups and Forums
Bespoke meetings arranged for each delegate:
Businesses and contacts which are relevant and sector specific
What are the benefits of a trade mission?
- Pre-visit and in-country briefings providing market intelligence and advice on how to do business in India
- Networking opportunities and client entertainment
- Prearranged B2B meetings
- Shared intelligence through several different businesses being on the mission
- Services of an experienced mission manager before and during the trip
- Meet with Indian Ministers and policy makers relevant to your business need
- Meet with Industry & f Commerce leads.
What’s included in the cost of the visit?
- Pre-trade mission delegation briefing with YABA
- Return flights from UK to India
- Return transfers from Airports to hotel
- 5* accommodation on a bed and breakfast basis
- Optional one-day sightseeing
- Return internal flights (if required)
- Full tailored plan for the duration of your stay
- PR support pre, post and during the mission to maximise promotional opportunities.
After the visit
- If you decide to progress to set up your business in India, YABA can provide a full support service to help you to do this.
There could be match funding grant support available to cover hotel and travel costs, please use contact details below for more information.
+44 (0)7807 474885